Plastic Underground Drainage
For many years Online Building Plastics have supplied the UK with plastic underground drainage supplies on a next day delivery service. Customer service is extremely important to us! When you make an order our team will email you to give you confirmation that everything is processed ok and will supply you with an accurate delivery date.
You will not find a better deal on all underground drainage! Order before 10am and have your order delivered on a next day courier service nationwide across the UK! PVC Underground drainage has never been so easy to purchase! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Basics And Benefits Of Plastic Underground Drainage System
Your underground drainage can be a tricky thing to handle if not the most difficult. Unless you have some skills in plumbing, it’s best to leave the work to professionals. Unskilled handling could make the whole project cost-inefficient and more importantly, make the whole system faulty. The plastic underground drainage system is often preferred because of their efficiency and ease of installation. Before we move on to the basics of this system, let’s take a more detailed look at the benefits of installing this drainage system.
- The plastic drainage system is extremely resistant to most kinds of corrosion, galvanic, chemical or otherwise. Pipes found in modern markets can be so resistant that you can bury them in acid soils or alkaline without any kind of special coating.
- These pipes are really lightweight, which means a plumber can directly collect them from a merchant and transport them to work-sites using their own vehicle. This means you don’t need to pay extra for renting any heavy trucks.
- A plastic drainage system is also resistant to vegetation root incursions. VC pipes, unless specially coated, often face this problem when installed in underground drainage systems.
- A properly installed system costs almost zero maintenance. In fact, unless something unexpected happens, you wouldn’t have to worry about anything once done.
- They cost comparatively lower than verified clay drainage systems.
The low costs associated with this system give it its edge in the modern plumage industry. However, you should keep in mind that they do require specific types of backfill materials, which is not required by other underground drainage systems. This somewhat raises the overall installation costs. Another potential drawback could be their dynamic designs and materials, which are often changed to make them more adaptable to their environments. Sticking to the latest design should take care of the issue.
Basic Parts of a Plastic Below-Ground Drainage System
Now that we know about the core benefits, let’s take a look at some basic information and parts used in the installation.
- These drainage pipes are always brown in color. Use of any other color could lead to violation of codes set forth by Building Control Department.
- Plastic pipes used for drainage purposes come in either 3 or 6mt lengths. Both ends of a drain pipe are almost always chamfered to ease the installation process.
- Couplers are used to join two pipes. While buying them, make sure the rubber seals are not damaged in any way. Another important fact related to couplers is the lubricants used during the joining process. These are highly design/material specific and must never be substituted. Such a simple fact is one of the leading causes of malfunctioning underground drainage.
- And finally, the bends. There are 4 degrees available: 15, 30, 45 and 90. These can be either single or double socket. Double sockets have rubber seals on both ends, but the single sockets have them on a single opening.